Sign up on our new Student Community Hub!
This a space for all students of the More To Life programme.
Complete this information to receive an email with a link to the "Activate your Account" form to confirm your account details.
Sign up on our new Student Community Hub!
This a space for all students of the More To Life programme.
Complete this information to receive an email with a link to the "Activate your Account" form to confirm your account details.
I agree to take on the following agreements to access and use the Student Community Hub:
1. Hold other community members as worthy of honor, love, and respect.
2. Be willing to listen to each other without judgment – aim to listen past any reactivity to understand the content.
3. Take responsibility for my state and maintain my clarity with regular processing.
4. Be realistic in what I agree to take on, keep my word, and be honest if I miss the mark.
5. Keep confidential all personal information shared and any matters expressly stated as confidential.
6. Acknowledge and celebrate individual and group contributions.
7. Ask for, give, and receive bold support.*
*Bold Support means I will tell you what I see in you, remembering that truth is data plus compassion. Telling the truth involves risk. Receiving that support as a call to Mastery may also be difficult. We trust the intentions of our hearts and recognize that these growth opportunities may, in fact, be the greatest lesson on offer.
1. Description of the Services
The Student Community Hub (Hub) is an online platform including a website and community portal administered by KIT UNITED SAS (Hivebrite) on behalf of MTL. MTL and Hivebrite are at times collectively referred to as “we”. The Hub is for the global community of MTL Students who subscribe and activate a Member Account (Members). The Hub includes a number of online services including the Website and online platform (Services) and enables the import and export of user lists and data, the management of content and events, the organization of emailing campaigns, opportunity for research and sharing, as well as the management of funds and contributions of any kind.
Connect with community Members.
- Live feed: allows Members to have access to a newsfeed aggregating contents posted via the application (they can comment on the posts)
- Recommend: allows Members to suggest people to be invited by an admin
- Geolocation: allows Members to be located via their device in order to know who is near them
Communicate with other Members by sharing content such as status, photos, videos, sending private messages, as well as creating events, groups, or projects.
- Directory: provide with the contact details of other Members
- Private messages: allow Members to send by private messages to other Members and groups
- Groups: Members will automatically be added to cohort groups for their local community and courses completed
- Event organization: allows some Members to create events
Ensure the safety and integrity of the Hub with a reporting tool allowing the Members to signal inappropriate content from other Members.
- Participate in fundraising events organized by MTL
- Apply for paid or voluntary opportunities published by MTL
- Stay up to date about events and news about MTL
- Email campaign: Members can receive emails campaigns from MTL
- Notifications: Members that agree can receive notifications sent by MTL
- Resource center: Members can access files stored in group media centers
2. Access to the Services
Members will have access to the Services upon the creation of an account. To create an account, personal identification data will be entered through the signup request form and platform activation form. Members agree to provide only accurate and complete information when creating or updating account information.
A Member will create an account either by entering identification data (such as name, surname, and email) and being invited to choose an Identifier, or by logging in with a Single Sign-on (SSO) through an existing Facebook or Google account. Identifiers (login and password or social login used to create the account) are personal and confidential, and Members are solely and entirely responsible for keeping them secret and not disclosing them to any third party in any form and for any reason whatsoever. Identifiers can be modified through a Member’s account, or a new password can be generated by clicking on the link “Reset my password”, available at: moretolife.org/users/password/new.
The Member is solely responsible for the activity that occurs on the Member’s Account. The member is responsible for keeping all Identifiers secure to prevent their use by third parties. The Member is also responsible for any actions or declarations made through the Member’s Account, whether fraudulent or not, and guarantees MTL against any action in this respect. The Member is solely responsible for the improper access, damage, disruption, loss, or theft, and adverse consequences caused by the Member’s breach of the confidentiality of the Identifiers. In case of loss, misappropriation, or unauthorized use of the Member’s password, or if the Member has reason to believe that a person is fraudulently using identification elements of their Member Account, they must immediately inform MTL by email at the following address: [email protected].
Members may not use another’s account without permission. A Member Account may not be shared, transferred, or sold to other parties, nor are they to be used by or made available to any person or entity except the registered Member.
3. Cost of the Services
Thanks to the generosity of MTL Students who donated in 2021, the Hub is available for use free of charge from the official launch date in July 2022 (excluding any individual connection costs). Costs are associated with accessing online courses and making donations.
4. Change to the Services
MTL may further develop or modify the Hub to improve its quality. Members will be informed on the Hub of such development or modification as soon as it is implemented.
5. Intellectual Property
Any data, text, files, information, usernames, images, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, sounds, works of authorship, applications, links, and other content or materials made available on the Hub shall remain the property of MTL or its licensors as appropriate, and is protected by copyright, patent when applicable, trade secret, and other intellectual property laws.
The Member represents and warrants that ownership is retained by the Member of all of the Member’s intellectual property rights in the Member Content or that the Member Content is subject to a license granted to the Member by a third party holding these rights, under conditions allowing the Member to freely use and/or transfer these elements for the purpose of using the Services. MTL does not claim ownership of the Member Content.
Members may not use or register any name, logo, brand, or insignia of MTL without prior written approval and in accordance with any restrictions required by MTL. These remain the property of MTL.
MTL is the owner of any databases on and associated with the Hub. The Member shall not extract or reuse a substantial qualitative or quantitative portion of the databases, including for private purposes.
6. Member's Undertakings
The Member may not post content which includes, but is not limited to:
- Sexually explicit materials
- Obscene, misleading, libelous, slanderous, violent, hateful and/or unlawful content, or profanity
- Content that infringes upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary right, or that is deceptive or fraudulent
- Content that promotes the use or sale of illegal or regulated substances, tobacco products, ammunition, and/or firearms
- Gambling, including without limitation, any online casino, sports books, bingo, or poker (Objectionable Content) via the Service.
Members may not defame, stalk, bully, abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate, or intimidate people or entities, and must not post private or confidential information via the Service, including, without limitation, the Member or any other person's credit card information, Social Security or alternate national identity numbers, non-public phone numbers, or non-public email addresses.
In connection with the use of the Services and Service Content or Member’s Content, the Member is not authorized to, or cannot allow a third party to:
- Violate any applicable laws, rules, or regulations, notably cause damage or injury to any person or property, infringe any rights of third parties including but not limited to any intellectual property rights and privacy rights, or perform any other illegal, harmful, or fraudulent activities
- Probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network
- Remove, circumvent, disable, damage, or otherwise interfere with any security measures of any network, computer, or communications system, software application, or network or computing device
- Attempt to connect without permission, and/or to damage, in any way whatsoever, any Members, hosts, or networks
- Disturb, hamper, interfere with, or interrupt the access to or operation of the Service and Service Content, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware, or any other code of a destructive or disruptive nature.
The Member holds MTL harmless from all claims or actions brought by third parties on the grounds of an infringement of their rights, including, without limitation, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark, and/or other intellectual property rights or privacy rights in any information, data, photos, or other content created, posted, or shared by the Member, on or through the Hub “Member Content.”
The Member must not create accounts on the Hub through unauthorized means, including but not limited to, using an automated device, script, bot, spider, crawler, or scraper.
The Member must not attempt to restrict another Member from using or enjoying the Service and must not encourage or facilitate violations of these Terms of Service.
The Member may make only non-commercial uses of the Service and Service Content. Use of Service or the Service Content for any commercial, public, or political purpose is strictly prohibited. Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to: activities that are illegal or fraudulent; use that inaccurately implies endorsement, approval, or sponsorship by MTL (or any individual officer or employee of MTL); use that can be confused with official communications of MTL or its officers or employees; and print or electronic mass mailings (sometimes known as "spamming"); solicitations for commercial services.
7. Reporting & Moderation
To ensure the Hub provides the best experience possible for everyone, if a Member sees any inappropriate content, they are requested to use the “Report as offensive” feature found under each post. MTL has no general obligation to monitor Member Content or to investigate whether facts or circumstances are revealing illicit activities. MTL has set up a reporting tool allowing any Member to notify illegal, abusive, and harmful content.
The knowledge of such content is deemed effective when MTL is notified of the following:
- The notification date
- The identity of notifying Member
- The description of the facts in contention (preferably with screen shots of the content)
- The reasons for which the content is deemed offensive.
If a Member Content is reported, MTL reserves the right to withdraw the reported content and/or suspend or terminate the Member Account of the Member having originally published the reported content in the conditions set forth in Section 9 below.
The Hub is a private platform for Students, Staff, Governance, Licensed Facilitators and Trainers of MTL. Please respect the privacy of other students by keeping confidential all personal information found in the Hub. While we ask Members of the Hub to respect the privacy of other Hub Members, please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information in the Hub – whether in the optional fields for your profile, through email, or in other areas of the Hub – that information can be accessible to other Hub Members and, therefore, could be made public. Do not post or add personal information to your profile or elsewhere in the Hub that you would not want to have publicly available.
By using the Service, Members understand that their personal data, in the meaning of Data Protection Law, may be collected and processed in compliance with the Privacy Statement.
9. Deletion, Suspension or Revocation of Access
Members may delete their account at any time by emailing [email protected]. Deletion will be effective as soon as practical, and all the data collected upon the subscription as well as Member Content on the Hub are deleted after a period of 60 days as per the Privacy Statement.
MTL may delete inactive accounts after a continuous period of 3 years in which the Member has not used the Hub. The Member will be given 30 days’ notice, allowing the Member to object to such deletion. If no objection is received, the Member will be informed by email of the account deletion.
10. Indemnification & Limitation of Liability
MTL is not responsible for the Member’s device compatibility or the inability of the Member to connect due to any technical problem related to the Internet, or for a failure in the Member's computer facilities and equipment. MTL shall not be responsible for the facilities and equipment of a Member’s system or any problems arising from or related to the Member’s system or caused by the Internet. The Member is responsible for the security of the Member’s system and the security of access to and connection with the Services.
Insofar as it has not been reported in the conditions of Article 10, any document, information, data, or elements available via the Service, including Member Content, are provided without any guarantees, notably that they are comprehensive or accurate.
The Member is solely responsible for all Member Content posted and assumes all risks relating to its use by others and others’ reliance on its accuracy. The Member acknowledges that by publishing any content, this information will become accessible to all the Members on the Hub and that the same information may be published, modified, translated, reproduced in any form, and be accessible, saved, and reproduced by other Members and MTL. Under no circumstances does MTL accept liability for injury arising from reliance on Member Content, its use, or use of a product to which it refers.
MTL does not endorse or accept responsibility for the content or the use of third-party websites provided through the Hub and cannot be held liable for any damage following or in relation with use or the fact of having trusted the content/data/results available on such third-party servers, external sources, or internet sites. If a Member uses third-party sites or content from third-party servers, Members do so solely at the Member’s own risk. Links provided on the Hub do not imply that MTL is affiliated or associated with any linked site.
MTL expressly excludes any liability for events of any kind that may occur during any meeting organized between Members within the use of the Services.
In no case may MTL be held liable for any breach of its contractual obligations resulting from a force majeure event. A Force Majeure Event means any event or circumstance beyond the reasonable control of a party, including act of God, fire, explosion, flood, epidemic, power failure, telecommunication or Internet failure, governmental actions, war or threat of war, acts of terrorism, national emergency, riot, civil disturbance, sabotage, labor disputes, strikes, or any other events or circumstances whether similar or dissimilar to any of the foregoing.
11. Choice of Law
Electronic documents exchanged by electronic means between the Member and the MTL shall be regarded as writings having the same probative force as writings on paper in the meaning of applicable law. They may constitute faithful and durable copies in accordance with applicable law, so that the Member is invited to keep them.
Welcome to the MTL Privacy Statement. The More To Life Foundation (MTL) is a non-profit organization having its registered office at PO Box 440323, Houston TX 77244 with the Federal ID Number 770006571.
MTL is fully committed to protecting your personal information and using it properly in compliance with data privacy laws. We believe in supporting Members to make informed choices about the information you share with MTL by being transparent about the data we collect and how we use it. This Privacy Statement describes the privacy practices of MTL – both how we collect and use personal information, and the rights and choices available to you regarding such information.
Please note that this Privacy Statement may be updated to reflect any changes in the way we handle your personal data or changes in applicable laws. If material changes are made, we will provide you notice on the Hub so you have an opportunity to review the changes and, if you object, delete your account before they become effective. By continuing to access or use the Hub and Services, after those changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Privacy Statement.
The Student Community Hub (Hub) is an online platform including a website and community portal administered by KIT UNITED SAS (Hivebrite) on behalf of MTL. MTL and Hivebrite are at times collectively referred to as “we”. The Hub is for the global community of MTL Students who subscribe and activate a Member Account (Members). The Hub includes a number of online services, including the Website and online platform (Services) and enables the import and export of user lists and data, the management of content and events, the organization of emailing campaigns, opportunity for research and sharing, as well as the management of funds and contributions of any kind.
Its purpose is to help foster an ongoing relationship between you, MTL, other MTL Students, local & global operations, local & global governance groups, Facilitators & Trainers. The Hub is available at the following url address: moretolife.org/login. This Privacy Statement applies to the Hub, all communications therein, and all other MTL services. All pages in the Hub, including the pages where you will provide personal information, include a link to this Privacy Statement.
We strongly encourage you to read this Privacy Statement and make sure you fully understand it before you decide to participate in the Hub. If you read and fully understand this Privacy Statement, and remain opposed to the practices, do not register for the Hub. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement, please contact us at [email protected].
The Hub is a private platform for Students, Staff, Governance, Facilitators & Trainers of MTL. Do not share your username or password. Please refer any Members of the MTL community seeking to gain access directly to the Hub so they can register. Additionally, please respect the privacy of other students by keeping confidential all personal information found in the Hub.
While we ask Members of the Hub to respect the privacy of other Hub Members, please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information in the Hub – whether in the option fields for your profile, through email, or in other areas of the Hub – that information can be accessible to other Hub Members and, therefore, could be made public. Do not post or add personal information to your profile or elsewhere in the Hub that you would not want to have publicly available.
Legal basis for collecting and using personal information
We will process your personal data for the purposes set forth in this Privacy Statement based on your consent, and otherwise in accordance with Data Protection Law or other applicable laws. Data Protection Law is the Act n°78-17 dated January 6, 1978, on Information Technology, Data Files, and Civil Liberties, and the EU Regulation n°2016/679 regarding data protection dated April 27, 2016, named General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR”.
We will not use your personal data for purposes that are incompatible with the purposes of which you have been informed, unless it is required or authorized by law.
Collection of personal information
You are entitled to know what personal information we process and store about you and to have access to that information. You can access, edit, or correct the information in your profile at any time. You can request access to your information by emailing [email protected].
1. Subscribing on the Hub
We collect personal information that you directly provide when you register for the Hub. Your decision to provide any personal information is voluntary.
When subscribing to the Hub, the following mandatory personal data is collected for the purpose of creating a user account, setting up your profile, and authenticating Members:
- First & last name
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Address, city & country
- Stakeholder cluster
- What you are grateful about from MTL
- MTL trainings/courses attended
- First course you took/name of first Facilitator or Trainer
You will also be able to build your Hub profile by providing additional optional personal information, including:
- Profile photo
- Additional email address(es)
- Current occupation
- Social Media Handles
By providing complete and accurate information in your profile, we are able to customize your experience and help you get the most from the Services. However, please provide only information that is relevant to the stated purpose of the Hub.
2. Using the Hub
We collect personal data you may provide while using the Hub, including in the following situations:
- Correspondence between you and the Hub
- Information you post on the Hub, such as posts, events, resumes, job applications, event RSVPs, and comments on news articles
- Responses to online surveys/forms used for feedback, research, and product improvement.
When you use the Hub, we collect information about your visit and usage of the platform. This information may include your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, and other information about how you interact with the Hub. We use this information to improve our services and the user experience as well as network management and security.
We use various technologies to collect and store information when you use the Hub, including Google Analytics, cookies, and similar tracking technologies, such as pixels and web beacons, to analyze trends, administer the Website, track Members’ movement around the Hub, and identify ways to improve the Hub and determine how we can make the Hub a more positive and relevant user experience.
4. Sensitive Data
We do not generally collect sensitive data (also known as special categories) through the Hub or otherwise, and sensitive data is not required to register with the Hub. The term "sensitive data" refers to the various categories of personal data identified by data privacy laws as requiring special treatment, including in some circumstances the need to obtain explicit consent from you. These categories include racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, philosophical or other similar beliefs, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health, biometric or genetic data, sexual life or orientation, or criminal convictions and offenses (including information about suspected criminal activities).
In the limited circumstances where such data is collected, we will do so in accordance with all applicable data privacy law requirements, which may include obtaining consent. If you choose to provide us or Members of the Hub with unsolicited sensitive data, you are consenting to our using the sensitive data, subject to applicable laws as described in this Privacy Statement.
Use of personal information
We will use your personal information only where required for specific purposes. The following are specific purposes for which we use your personal information:
- To create a global MTL community so that you and other Members can stay connected to MTL, other MTL Students, MTL Staff (local & global), Governance (local & global), Facilitators & Trainers around the world.
- To provide you with a customized experience on the Hub, including personalized services such as suggested contacts, news, events, volunteer opportunities, employment opportunities, and interactive communications.
- To enable other users of the Hub to search for and locate you via the Hub’s Directory.
- To research and analyze the Hub’s Members’ demographics, interests, and behavior in an aggregated form, including to improve our Services and the Hub experience for all participants, to measure the impact of participation in MTL courses and events, and communicate such impact measurements to donors and other stakeholders to better understand and serve you and other users, and to improve the Hub and its offerings.
- To contact you periodically with communications about events, publications, or employment opportunities with MTL local and global operations, or voluntary opportunities on local and global governance groups or related to MTL course offerings, which we believe might interest you, unless you ask not to be contacted. You can choose not to receive any communications from MTL and have the opportunity to opt out of receiving further messages at any time.
- To get your feedback and viewpoints through polls and surveys conducted by us and others. You can choose not to respond to polls and surveys.
We do not ever rent or sell your personal data to others.
Global sharing of personal information
Personal information collected within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) may be transferred to countries outside of the EEA for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. For example, if a Member who resides outside the EEA uses the Directory search function to find you and views the personal information in your profile, your personal information will, in effect, be transferred outside of the EEA. We have no control over other Students' use of your personal information.
Additionally, we may transfer your personal data out of the EEA for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement in the Authorized access section below.
By voluntarily providing your personal information when you register for the Hub and Services and by completing your profile, you are consenting to the transfer, storing, and processing of your personal information outside of the EEA.
If you are a citizen of the EEA, and you have an unresolved privacy or data concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact the appropriate EU Data Protection Authority (DPA) free of charge. A list of DPAs can be found here. For purposes of EU Data privacy laws, MTL is the Controller and Hivebrite is the Processor.
Authorized access to personal information
MTL Students use the Hub and our Services to connect with other MTL Students, MTL Staff (local & global), Governance (local & global), Facilitators & Trainers around the world. We make this possible by sharing your information in the following ways:
- Hub Members: We will share your personal information with other Members of the Hub through the Directory search function of the Hub and your profile. You have control over this access through the privacy settings in your profile. Click on the edit icon or button in any section of the profile to find the privacy settings. These have been set to Members by default, meaning all Members of the Hub can see this information. You can select to make information in your profile visible to only you, just your contacts, all Members of the Hub, or all parties including third'party posters. Regardless of your privacy settings, MTL, MTL Staff (including Hub Admins), and Hivebrite will have access to your profile information.
- MTL Staff: Authorized personnel working for the local and global operations of MTL will have access to your personal data. MTL makes its best effort to ensure that these groups of people remain as small as possible and maintain the confidentiality and security of all Members' personal data.
- Service Providers: We will share your personal information with our trusted service providers to carry out a set of operations on MTL’s behalf including hosting and payment services. Only the information needed to perform the service is provided.
List of the main service providers:
Google Cloud Platform Gordon House, 4 Barrow St,
Hosting of all data and content produced / provided by the Member, as well as images, profile pictures, and backups
Production and storage of error logs enabling our developers to correct the code
Sending of emails from the Hub
Customer support for the Hub
- Business Partners: MTL does not share personal information outside of the organization. Any business partnerships that would require personal information will be set up for each individual to provide explicit consent and opt-in.
- Legal: We will share your personal information when required to comply with a court order, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
Personal information retention period
When you register for the Hub, we process and keep your personal information for as long as you are a Hub Member. If you decide to delete your account, we will retain your personal information for 60 days before permanently deleting it, unless legally required to retain the information for a longer period. You can request to have your personal information and account deleted by emailing [email protected] “Please delete my account” from the email address associated with the Member profile.
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We maintain organizational, physical, and technical security arrangements for the personal data collected. Hivebrite administers the Hub and implements security safeguards designed to protect your data, such as HTTPS. Hivebrite regularly monitors its systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of the personal information you provide to us. There is no guarantee that the data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Your user account information is password-protected. Do not divulge your password to anyone. Also remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished using the Hub, particularly if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or internet café.
The Hub may at times contain links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they may have their own privacy statements and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these statements or websites. Please check these privacy statements before you submit any personal data.
If you wish to make a complaint about a privacy-related matter, please contact us at [email protected]. In the event you consider that your rights have not been respected, as a Hub Member you can lodge a complaint before the competent supervisory authority. For additional information, you can review your rights on the websites of the competent authorities. The competent supervisory authorities are listed on the following website: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
If you have any privacy questions, concerns, or requests, please contact us at [email protected].