Frequently Asked Questions
Here we have addressed the questions that we hear most often; however, if you have one that is not on this list, please contact us and we will be happy to answer it.
The More To Life Program exists to help you access your best personal qualities on a daily basis: to be more authentic, caring, and real, to share and express yourself more fully, and partner more creatively. Above all, it helps you respond to the challenges that confront you in a way that really makes a difference, instead of repeating the automatic behaviour you have come up with so many times in the past.
Whether we realise it or not, each of us is part of a social network without limits. We affect others in our families, our neighbourhoods, and our workplace. Many of us have roles that constantly put us in touch with others. And the impact we have on them affects the way they influence the people in their own lives.
As we work with our conscious mind, we do want to be sure that those who take the courses are mature enough. This is why most of our students are more than 18 years old. However, in some cases, younger students can be mature enough. Please email us so that we may set up a call and have a conversation to determine what is best.
The More To Life Weekend course is self-contained and you do not have to do anything further to follow it up. However, support is available to those who want it.
We also offer weekend focus and 4- to 7-day residential advanced courses, which support those who want to become more skilled with the tools of the course. These courses are based on the same fundamental practices taught during the More To Life Weekend course, but focus on specific areas of our lives.
Yes, however we strongly recommend that the person you are gifting the course to decides if they want to attend. It's helpful if they invest in the course, too, however small that investment may be.
Refund Policy for all courses excluding Advanced courses
- Refunds will be given if a student cancels their participation 45 days before the course starts, minus a 20% admin fee. Refunds will not be issued between 0 and 44 days before the course start date or if a student does not show up to their registered course (exceptions apply).
- If the student is unable to attend, and has given More To Life advanced written notice 30 days in advance, they may defer their attendance or enrol in another MTLW course of an equal or lesser value, as long as the course is taken within 2 years of initial purchase.
- Student registrations are transferrable to another person, as long as that person agrees to the MTL Terms and Conditions.
Refund Policy for Advanced courses
- Refunds will be given if a student cancels their participation before the course starts, minus an admin fee that is based on when a student cancels the course.
- 90+ Day cancellation: 10% of the paid course fee is retained
- 60-89 Day cancellation: 25% of the paid course fee is retained
- 30-59 Day cancellation: 50% of the paid course fee is retained
- 1-29 Day cancellation: non-refundable, but transferable to another course of equal of lesser value
- Refunds will not be issued 30 days before the course start date or if a student does not show up to their registered course (exceptions apply).
- If the student is unable to attend, and has given More To Life advanced written notice 30 days in advance, they may defer their attendance or enrol in another MTL course of an equal or lesser value, as long as the course is taken within 2 years of initial purchase.
- Student registrations are transferrable to another person, as long as that person agrees to the MTL Terms and Conditions and they have completed the necessary pre-requisites (where applicable).
To cancel a course or to claim a refund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More To Life offers a FULL refund (including deposit) for the More To Life Weekend course.
To qualify for a full refund, a student must complete the entire Weekend (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) and request a refund within 7 days of course completion.
Refunds will be made no questions asked.
How to request a refund Within 7 days, request refund by emailing Refund.US@moretolifeus.org or calling 865-588-5400. Provide name, phone number, and where you took the training.
Refunds will be made no questions asked.
Within 7 days, request refund by emailing Refund.US@moretolifeus.org or calling 865-588-5400. Provide name, phone number, and where you took the training.
The More To Life Weekend is an immersive entry-level course within a curriculum of More To Life courses. It examines the relationship between mind, body, and spirit, and the way our habitual beliefs and unconscious fears conspire to stop us from becoming our most authentic and creative selves.
This is not a theoretical course, but one that provides a series of reality-based, pragmatic tools for you to use and practice immediately, to access your best personal qualities on a daily basis and respond to the challenges that confront you. Our goal is to help transform the world one person at a time by teaching people tools so they can create their life as they really want it to be and be ‘More’ of the person they really are. This is the ‘More’ we offer.
More To Life courses teach a unique set of tools and skills that help you access a creative vision that is beyond the everyday, yet is grounded in everyday reality.
It is an interactive training that works simultaneously on intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and physical levels, so you not only experience the tools but can continue to use them yourself over time, long after the course is over.
The course is non-doctrinal and does not teach a belief system. It is intended to help you see and understand the guiding beliefs you already unconsciously hold, and either choose to let these go or stand more solidly for them as you truly wish to do.
The courses were created by K. Bradford Brown, PhD and W. Roy Whitten. They believed that if each one of us lived our lives to our fullest potential and humanity, and truly understood that we are all connected, then the world would be a much better place. Together, they taught the skills and practices they had developed through their own work in counselling and psychotherapy, and their passion, dedication, and vision have helped transform the lives of thousands of people, and continues to do so today.
More To Life courses may help enhance your spiritual understanding of life but are designed to do so without a religious focus.
People of many different faiths, as well as people without a particular faith, find what they learn in our courses to resonate with them, regardless of their religious beliefs.
In this programme there is nothing to belong to or become a member in. Each individual can determine their level of involvement. The choice is yours to make.
Course fees are subsidised by donations from sponsors. As a result, these courses cost less than any comparable business trainings and most leading personal development courses.
No financial commitment is required other than the course fee, although participants are invited to contribute toward the sponsorship of future participants if they choose.
More To Life courses are a different way of being with others than most people have ever experienced. It can be a treat to discover just how sensitive and loving people really are.
No one has to say anything at any time, and you speak only if and when you want to share. Some people never speak themselves, but get a great deal out of their experience. In part, this is because others often share the very thing you have been experiencing or are needing to hear about.
Having a range of different kinds of experiences in the group helps verify the truth of what is being said. Having a range of different experiences also helps ground the process in the reality of our social lives. People often make very good friends at the More To Life Weekend course.
Remember, it is OK to feel anxious. You can still benefit from the experience, including overcoming some of your fears.