Current Covid-19 Policy for UK-Based More To Life Face-to-Face Events
[v.3 Updated: 17 January 2022 – More To Life UK]
In accordance with its values, More To Life acknowledges the duty of care it has for members of its community and participants on its courses. We will take all reasonable and practicable steps to safeguard the health and well being of staff, volunteers and participants in any More To Life activity.
In the current COVID 19 pandemic situation, or when there is any pandemic or epidemic infectious disease, More To Life face to face events will be held in accordance with national government guidelines.
Below are the precautionary measures we offer to undertake as a service provider, and those that we ask of our service users:
- Testing prior to and after events:
- While it is not a legal requirement, it would be helpful if you took a lateral flow test if you are able, a maximum of 24 hours before the event.
- If any participant is showing possible symptoms of covid-19, including raised temperature, persistent cough, loss of taste or smell, we ask that you do not attend the event.
- We kindly ask that if any attendees receive a positive PCR or lateral flow text for Covid-19 up to 48 hours after the event, that they inform the event organiser. This is not a requirement, but in-place of using the NHS tracking system, will support us to look after the wellbeing of our staff, volunteers and event attendees.
- Preparing the rooms/ spaces:
- Surfaces will be wiped down before the course starts.
- Hand Sanitiser will be available.
- Windows will be opened to allow for ventilation
- Social distancing and face coverings during training/ workshops:
- All participants are required to arrive with face-coverings, for venues included in the list provided by gov.uk, for which this is a legal requirement. (See Appendix. Items 1&2, Advice for event holders and participants)
- For individual working in any such venue, chairs will be arranged to allow for distancing between participants, and face coverings must be worn.
- For group work, groups will be limited to 4 or less people, chairs will be arranged with distancing, and face coverings will also be required as participants may be facing one-another.
- Lunch-breaks and socialising:
- Where food and refreshments are provided by the venue, they will be served following guidelines on maintaining hygiene and minimising risk.
- Unless prohibited by the venue, individuals will be able to bring their own food and drink.
- Areas will be available for eating with social distancing during lunch breaks.
Participants are responsible for their own health and for taking precautions to look out for the health of other participants and team. Whilst More To Life will take all reasonable precautions, attending a face to face course still carries a degree of risk. All participants and team will be required to sign the following waiver.
I acknowledge that I choose to benefit by virtue of my participation in this course of the More To Life Foundation, and I willingly engage in the course and any events and/or other related activities.
I acknowledge and understand the following:
- Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19. While personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk does exist;
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19.
To be signed by all those registering for Face-to-Face events in the UK, until further notice. A download link for students registering will be added here...
Revised: 17 January 2022.